Happy Easter to everyone from Social Eyes Rotherham. Hopefully, everyone has received lots of eggs.
Still some egg deliveries being made.
Visiting to two Doncaster parks to take advantage of the sunshine and extend our local area travelogue.
Elmfield Park Chequer Road, Doncaster DN1 2AN
Home to a junior football club, Hyde Park Knight JFC in Doncaster who have teams running from the nursery team to U16s inclusive. Everyone who runs the club and teams are volunteers and we are very family orientated club.
The park also includes:
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas and a playing field
- picnic areas
- sports facilities including tennis courts, multi-use games area, table tennis table, Teqball table and football pitches (visit our football pitches page for booking information)
- teen sheltered seating
- bowling green (visit our bowling green page for booking information)
- walking routes throughout the park
- a 2 mile gentle walk starting at the park. For the full route, visit our walking in Doncaster page
- public sculpture/memorial.
Sandall Park Thorne Road, Doncaster DN2 5DY
Friends of Sandall Park are a group of like minded people dedicated to the improvement of the park for the benefit of its human visitors, birds and resident wildlife.
Our group is primarily made up of volunteers who work alongside professionals from various agencies committed to regenerating the park. We are enthusiastic, forward thinking and will continue to develop the park in a way that reflects what our visitors want.
Just look around the park and you will see a variety of changes brought about by our group. Walk and jog on the fitness trails, stroll around the nature trails or relax and have a picnic in the picnic area while studying the wildlife information boards. You may just wish to walk around the lake and rest on any of the numerous new benches.
Sandall Park is an important and unique resource for the people of Doncaster as a whole, and the local community in particular.
An update: Colin’s Super 7 for Autism fund raising 7k walk, 7k run & 7k cycle has been completed. Anyone wishing to make a donation the fundraising page will close at midnight on Tuesday 6th April 2021.